Living in a small town is fun as well as difficult. It seems like the longer you live there, the more likely every one's lives become intertwined. After my first marriage failed, I found myself working my butt off (at a local salon as a manicurist) and raising 2 amazing kids on my own. Discretely dating while the kids were with their dad, I tried to find my way... then one day,out of the blue, I was reconnected with Chuck. He was having a party and needed my services. It was so fun seeing him again! To my dismay he was divorced! Unfortunately he was dating someone:(
On and off for about a year, I was going over to his house for work and having these great conversations about our lives and our relationships. His was pretty crazy though! It was like a saga from some "B" rated movie and I couldn't wait to see him again to find out what happened next. It was so weird for me because the more time we spent together, the more I felt myself falling for him. He was so sweet and kind! But SO misunderstood! There was so much drama in his life! But what could I do?
The next thing I knew, he called me over for a manicure. He was broken up again... and so was I! OMG, what do I do??? I have totally fallen for him, this is my only opportunity .... shit!
He was telling me all about it, but all I could think about was "Why did I pick this outfit? Why didn't I get my hair done today? What do I say? How do I not seem desperate?Boy could I use a glass of wine!"
I held my breath and said this..."I know the perfect person for you!" There was this awkward silence.
He said,"You do?"
I said,"Well I know you like blonde's..." "Yes" he says. "I know you like blue eyes..." I say. "Yes!" he says nodding his head.
But he was looking at me so strange and I was just dying inside! He was not getting where I was going with this... what the hell? Maybe he is not interested? Great I am going to be so embarrassed! Where's the wine? Now what?
He responded with,"Where can I find a girl like that?"
All I could think to say was,"Well she is sitting right here in front of you..."
There was that strange look again... and the awkward silence again... but now (like in a cartoon) I saw the light bulb appear above his head!
He slowly says,"Do you mean... you?"
All I could do was patiently sit there and smile. Of course batting my eyelashes though!
The doorbell rang... OMG! What? Who could that be? Now??? It was his esthetician here to do a facial?!
He apologized and let her in.
All I could do was quickly pack up my things, collect my pride, and with my head hung low say hello to her on my way out.
Chuck stopped me on the way out to say how much he would like to take me to dinner on Tuesday and asked for my address. I was shaking! I don't even remember writing it down. The next thing I know, he leaned over and kissed me on the cheek!

No comments:
Post a Comment